CreativeExile

"Whatever shall we do in that remote spot? Well, we'll write our memoirs. Work is the scythe of time." --Napoleon Bonaparte, on his way into exile.

Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Bail out

My secret pal bailed on me, but Jacqueline kindly called on 3 other SPs to help out (and break up the costs). I've already received an email from one of them, who is mailing a package today, and to my surprise (and delight), a packaged arrived today from Secret Pal #1:


Thanks, CeCe! Posted by Hello

The cheery package was wrapped in cherry paper and included a wide variety of sour candies, yay! I am now on a serious sugar high and have introduced my daughter to the joys of Sour Patch Kids (oy).


Dude!..................................................Sweet! Posted by Hello

I also discovered a (HUGE!) bar of Cadbury's DARK chocolate as I was rearranging the box for its photo-op. Mmm...and some very yummy purple-blue yarn! Hooray! As you can imagine, I'm getting a little tired of pink.

I DID clean up Tess's toys before she got home -- pictures to come. I still have to get back to Once Upon A Child to pick up my $$$ (more like, my $). Since I have to take Tess with me, I'll probably take her over to the Toys R Us across the street and let her buy something new. Just one thing, unless she spots her old light-up piano still sitting up front at OUAC. Then I'm in trouble.

Finally, I'm plugging away on the sleeves for Tess's Pink Fluffy Cloud Sweater. Just finished all the increases at the Ann Arbor Knit In last night. Man, I have never "un-"knit so many times in my life. Increasing on the purl side was a new technique for me, and I kept screwing it up.

Oh, and I learned that I shouldn't drink my sister-in-law's father's homemade wine (he's Italian, his wine is wicked powerful) and knit. On the up side, I faced and defeated my worst fear in knitting (for the first time, can you believe it?): picking up a running dropped stitch. Once I was sober, of course.

3 Comments:

  • At 1:19 PM, Blogger Cece said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 9:34 PM, Blogger Cece said…

    Awesome! So glad you got it today. I know getting package in the mail always makes me smile... but don't eat all that candy in one day!

     
  • At 11:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Cute pictures of Tess! heehee

     

Post a Comment

<< Home