CreativeExile

"Whatever shall we do in that remote spot? Well, we'll write our memoirs. Work is the scythe of time." --Napoleon Bonaparte, on his way into exile.

Sunday, April 10, 2005

My husband makes lousy coffee

I tried to give up coffee, really, I did. When I was REALLY sick (as opposed to being just full of snot, as I have been for (going on 4) days now...) with a raging sore throat, I could not bear to drink coffee. I managed tea just fine, and that did the trick as far as bringing me off caffeine...very...slowly.

But yesterday Tess woke up too early, and I needed it, bad. I let E make the coffee, because he makes it weak (or I was taught to make -- and love it -- "Swedish strength," by my father, whereby you could stand a spoon up in it...or, as Hawkeye once said on M*A*S*H*: "give me a slice of coffee, please"). E's coffee was so awful I barely finished it. But finish it I did, and I made the coffee myself this morning. Ahhhhh...

Back to my snot. How is it I could go through THREE boxes of Kleenex in 24 hours, and STILL be blowing my nose? This virus...well, I was going to say it sucks, but actually, it blows. Sorry, couldn't resist.

On another (less graphic) note, I finally entered a Monthly Stamps Club contest! I don't know why I waited so long. Truthfully, though, this month's sponsor is a particular favorite of mine. Each month a different vendor sponsors the contest, and you win products from them. You don't have to use their products, but you do win $$$ to spend at their site. Sometimes there are only 3 or 4 entries. Looks like Cat's Pajamas are very, very popular -- I'm in a field of 14 this month!

I don't know if it's kosher to tell you which entry is mine (and I think you have to be a stamp club member to vote anyway). Let's just say I'll be really, really BLUE if I don't win.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home