CreativeExile

"Whatever shall we do in that remote spot? Well, we'll write our memoirs. Work is the scythe of time." --Napoleon Bonaparte, on his way into exile.

Wednesday, November 17, 2004

Afghan strip 1


It's useful to have a mermaid help with blocking. Posted by Hello


And of course, they get a big kick out of it. Posted by Hello

I'm well aware of the fact that it is November 17th, and Tess is back in her mermaid costume. Forgive me, she hasn't been feeling well, so I gave in and got it back out of the costume trunk. Yes, I really have an old trunk I keep costumes in!

I have no idea if I'm blocking this afghan correctly (and pardon me for the saucy entry title). I haven't woven in the ends yet but figured blocking it a bit first might save me the frustration of dealing with The Curl. It's on a very luxurious cotton sheet I have; I realized a flannel one would be even better in helping hold down the knitted piece. Spray some water, fold the sheet back over, and lightly iron. Sound right?

Tess got nowhere near that hot iron, BTW. In case you were worried...

Oh, and this pattern is from The Yarn Girls' Guide to Simple Knits. Funny, can't find a picture of the project at their site. Looks like they are all over publicity of their new book, and have let projects from their first book fall off the site. Oh well. Lookie! A baby bunting pattern! Given that 002 (as I've come to name the baby) is due in July, I don't think I'll be needing that right away. Still, another project to line up...

Speaking of 002, went to the doctor's yesterday. She actually did an ultrasound and I got to see 002 in its little sac. No heartbeat yet; the doc was all concerned, but as they've seen fit to add on an additional week (on top of the two they already calculate due dates from), I told her I was really only 7 1/2 weeks to their 8 1/2. Hey, I ovulated late. I'm sure of it. So, no sweat. I have another ultrasound in two weeks just to prove myself right.

3 Comments:

  • At 2:32 PM, Blogger Minxxy said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 2:34 PM, Blogger Minxxy said…

    OOOPSSS!
    I nearly broke your blog! I thought I was being smart and wrote a hello with loads of exclamation marks but it went straight across your side bar. I am off to read your blog and write out one hundred times I must not use so many exclamation marks! :o)

    P.s. I dont think I can do anything in moderation!

     
  • At 1:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I see no problem with Tess being a mermaid year round if she likes--isn't that what being a kid is about, doing stuff you can't get away with when you're a grown up? (Though I haven't actually tried coming to work in costume except on Halloween--maybe I could!)

    KarenD

     

Post a Comment

<< Home