CreativeExile

"Whatever shall we do in that remote spot? Well, we'll write our memoirs. Work is the scythe of time." --Napoleon Bonaparte, on his way into exile.

Monday, November 01, 2004

NaNo Day 1

Well, I dashed off my first 1,692 words this morning; after waking up nice & early, only to find E sleeping in the lower level (where our office is). He gets too hot upstairs (even though he re-set the thermostat; tri-levels SUCK at heat distribution) so he usually ends up on the living room couch, but for whatever reason he went all the way downstairs. Probably just to thwart any attempt of mine to get up TOO early and start clacking away at my novel. Yes, writerly paranoia has set in already!

Still, I had about a half hour while he showered, then bits of time here and there while Tess ate breakfast (with a break to read several stories, and cry for her binky, which I guiltly gave to her, just for some PEACE). I could probably crank out the other 400 words I need to reach my personal daily goal of 2,000 words (gives me Thanksgiving off, and 4 other days this month, if I reach it), but we have playgroup in about 10 minutes, and it's a 15 minute drive. Oh, she's playing so quietly, though!!

Man, you can tell I've turned off that ole Internal Editor, just by that run-on sentence/paragraph up there. Sorry.

Oh, and the latest p. test (as I've come to call them, since I've started to dread The P Word) is still negative. I'm thoroughly confused. My sister had some encouraging words for me (although the day I start taking medical advice from my sister is the day I need to be committed), that even a negative result can still mean "maybe." Seems there's only two definitive answers to the question: your period starts, big fat NO, or a positive result on a p. test.

So, still in limbo. Getting very anxious about it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home