CreativeExile

"Whatever shall we do in that remote spot? Well, we'll write our memoirs. Work is the scythe of time." --Napoleon Bonaparte, on his way into exile.

Thursday, October 28, 2004

What's For Dinner: French Stew

I make this every week, and now that Bob has challenged his readers to find this recipe on my site, it's high time I posted it. So Bob, this one's for you. Sorry it took me so long to check out your site! Bob's been very supportive about NaNoWriMo and he's made me look forward to starting on Monday...eep! November's almost here!!

FRENCH STEW
1.5 pounds stewing beef
1 onion, sliced thin
8 oz. mushrooms, sliced
2 T tapioca (you can use instant but I prefer the pudding kind...makes a thicker gravy)
2 C beef broth (or, one can plus some water to make 2 C)

Layer all and cook at 300 degrees (yes, that low!) for 3-4 hours. I use a covered casserole to keep everything from drying out. Leave the house and come back when it's almost done, otherwise the smell will tempt you to eat it too soon.

Serve with rice -- serves 4.

2 Comments:

  • At 9:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Mmmmm...that sounds GREAT!!!! If I didn't already have a pork butt in the crockpot, I'd be tempted to make your stew today. Thanks for sharing your recipe!

    sUsAn
    http://imaginecreativenamehere.typepad.com

     
  • At 3:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi, Just popping in to have a look after the kinf comment you left in my blog (Nicolane), add London, England to your guest map!

    Huggs

    Nicola
    www.nicolane.co.uk/weblog/

     

Post a Comment

<< Home