CreativeExile

"Whatever shall we do in that remote spot? Well, we'll write our memoirs. Work is the scythe of time." --Napoleon Bonaparte, on his way into exile.

Friday, October 22, 2004

Dear Italy


Posted by Hello

It's not bad enough that you create beautiful women for the rest of us to be compared to unfavorably, noooo. Nor that you give us gorgeous hand-crafted high-heeled shoes to pain our feet. Oh, no. No, much worse -- you create yarn that I lust after, yarn I couldn't possibly afford to use for a sweater (and I don't want another scarf, so there)! You make this yarn in a rainbow of colors and your blue catches my eye, a fine, bright blue, 3-stranded merino yarn wrapped with black nylon thread that knits up 3.5 stitches to the inch, which would help me finish a sweater in record time, but noooo, cruel CRUEL Italy, you have foiled me again.

At $9 a skein, you have chosen to put only 55 yards on a skein. Grrr.


Posted by Hello

The project above the cursed Italian yarn is E's Christmas hat, which needed part of another skein of (yet more) 12 year-old Rowan yarn, still to be wound. And since I can't have E help me wind it (that would give away the whole surprise of the gift), I had to get creative. Tess is a little young yet to help me wind.

I'm sure someone else has thought of this...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home