CreativeExile

"Whatever shall we do in that remote spot? Well, we'll write our memoirs. Work is the scythe of time." --Napoleon Bonaparte, on his way into exile.

Friday, November 05, 2004

NaNo Day 5

Yeah, you noticed that big jump in days too, huh? Had to pick up Mom on Wednesday - no writing got done. Then she was HERE all day yesterday, so, no writing yesterday, either (but an amazing, luxurious 2-hour nap for myself in the afternoon, whoo-hoo!!) Finally, took Mom and Tess up to Bay City to meet Dad and then, FREEDOM. I've been writing since I hit the door this afternoon. Okay, well, I stopped to empty (and fill) the dishwasher. And call E about leaving for Duelists tomorrow morning instead of tonight (more writing time!). Oh, and I ate a late lunch. But I'm writing, I promise!

Saw the nurse yesterday. She took my history. She said, "Not to be mean, but worst of your morning sickness is still ahead of you." I assured her I was feeling strangely fine, hardly having heartburn, but then as I went to bed last night I remembered, remembered the awful feeling of not wanting to eat ANYTHING, of the mere smell of food doing me in, how I wished they would make an UN-scented shampoo, even, because everything was making me sick. For 8 weeks. And that business didn't really start until my second month, which is mere moments away.

I'm avoiding caffeine in all forms, even my Wild Berry Green Tea that I was so addicted to with my first pregnancy. I eat every couple of hours. I take Tums for any evening heartburn. So far, so good...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home