CreativeExile

"Whatever shall we do in that remote spot? Well, we'll write our memoirs. Work is the scythe of time." --Napoleon Bonaparte, on his way into exile.

Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Breather


First seconds
Originally uploaded by CreativeExile.

I was trying to capture the clock at 11:59:59, but I'm glad I got it at 12:00:00 anyway.

I have always believed that whatever you are doing on New Year's Eve is indicative of what you'll be doing all year. Not that I thought of that while taking this photo...but taking lots of photos all year long sounds like a good year to me!

Unfortunately for Tess, 15 minutes into the new year, she (who stayed up until midnight at our friend's party with another youngster) bounced off a couch and cracked the back of her head on the coffee table. I had no idea head wounds bled that much...her turtleneck was completely soaked when we got home. There's still a stain on it, even after soaking it in bleach water for more than 24 hours.

She recovered nicely -- E couldn't even find a scar the next day -- but it freaked both of us out. Nothing like seeing your child crawl away with blood dripping off the back of her head. Thank goodness one of the guests was a nurse; she put us both at ease & told us what to watch out for, so we didn't feel we had to rush to the ER on New Year's night. We took turns waking her through the night to make sure she was okay.

Other non-sequitur (sp?) news...

The second goldfish bit it today. Found it stuck under the filter like the last one. Guppies, or give it up? I think a filter is just too much for such a little tank. Both goldfish got stuck under it and the last one, though bigger and stronger than the first, was perpetually caught in the water flow coming from it. I think it just wore him out.

Jack the betta, however, is doing great in his glass salad bowl. Tess and I put some gravel in it when we changed out the water together yesterday. We also stuck in the castle Tess picked out for him, and he's been hiding in it off and on. It looks pretty silly, since he just fits in it. Only his tail sticks out from the back. Apparently he needed a hiding place.

Luckily Tess was gone when Winter the goldfish died this morning. She left for up north with my folks's for a couple of days first thing today. Yup, just me and the Benjamin. Yee-haw.

Last night I got some cropping done up in Brighton. They had a sale on their Halloween and Thanksgiving papers & embellishments. Good thing I still haven't done those pages for 2006. Nice deal.

And finally, last Thursday I was throwing up; apparently it's just stress. My doctor did some blood work and I got the call today that everything came back normal, whatever that means. I usually lose sleep as well as my appetite when I'm stressed; maybe nursing hormones is whacking my body out in a different way. Throwing up worried me, because even at my most nauseous during pregnancy, I never threw up. I don't throw up easily. Lose sleep, yes, throw up, no.

Yes, the new year is off to such a lovely start.

1 Comments:

  • At 5:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Denise, I think my mom used Hydrogen Peroxide in warm water to get blood out of a bunch of my clothes (long story as to how it got there). It worked really well.

    -Cari from scrapvillage

     

Post a Comment

<< Home