CreativeExile

"Whatever shall we do in that remote spot? Well, we'll write our memoirs. Work is the scythe of time." --Napoleon Bonaparte, on his way into exile.

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

All-American

Yesterday added a new citizen to our ranks -- my very own E. Too bad he had to be at the courthouse in downtown Detroit at 8:30 a.m.; I couldn't join him to get photos.

I can only hope the folks who took his picture with the judge who swore him in send it along; otherwise I have nothing to scrap for the special day.

At least work treated him extra-special, with a big cake decorated as a map of the U.S. (nobody there got pictures, either, grr). They also gave him a big balloon bouquet weighed down with a red, white and blue mug.

Too bad he didn't have time to register to vote today. Personally, I've got a lot of reading to do before I go to the polls tonight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home