CreativeExile

"Whatever shall we do in that remote spot? Well, we'll write our memoirs. Work is the scythe of time." --Napoleon Bonaparte, on his way into exile.

Thursday, December 14, 2006

Spectacularly Uninspired

My picture-of-the-day project is dragging me down today. Tess is getting over a cold, I am just starting it. It's gray and dull outside and I can't think of a thing to take a picture of.

Perhaps I'll go to Knit In tonight; although a recent post on the list lamented the fact that no one (except the poster) showed up last week. I picked up my Twisted Rib sock from last fall's Interweave Knits and I've found I once again have the brain power for knitting. It was completely gone from my fifth month into my postpartum period.

I ordered the gorgeous Jo Sharp Knit 1 magazine from my friend Warren; he's been in business one year now and I wanted to help him celebrate. Too bad I have no craft budget until spring 2007 to purchase yarn for any of the projects.

I won't be able to crop for a while yet -- that's just depressing. I can't seem to get into it at home; Tess crowds me in the laundry room/scrap room downstairs, wanting a stamp, wanting decorative scissors, etc. I have her work upstairs when she does crafty stuff; there's just no room in my scrap area. But if I want to scrap with her I have to haul all my stuff up and since I never know what I need I'm constantly running up and down the stairs.

I was hoping to set up my sewing area in our living room when our new couch arrived yesterday. Alas, it arrived, but our old loveseat and sofabed were still in the living room.

Despite promises from The Furniture Store That Cannot Be Named that the delivery guys would move the old stuff "out" (not just "out of the way" as the incompetent sales person THOUGHT I was asking earlier -- duh! I could do that myself, if I had room!), the delivery guys said they could not lay a hand on our old stuff for liability reasons (gah!) so we had to refuse delivery.

So, despite my re-found interest in knitting, I'm in a rut. I don't even want to think about our lack of a Christmas tree or any decorations save what Tess has made at school recently. Hopefully I can pick up my spirits soon.

2 Comments:

  • At 12:07 PM, Blogger Denise said…

    Actually, think of Brad Pitt's ex-wife...thankfully the store manager was more on the ball when we FINALLY got in contact with him yesterday...will have new couch soon, yay!

    I didn't get drunk last night, but I did have TWO luscious desserts at Webers...ah, red velvet cake with buttercream frosting...mmm...

     
  • At 10:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hope the couch thing got resolved....and sorry the challenge is dragging you down! :(

     

Post a Comment

<< Home