CreativeExile

"Whatever shall we do in that remote spot? Well, we'll write our memoirs. Work is the scythe of time." --Napoleon Bonaparte, on his way into exile.

Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Meet the Fishies


Meet the Fishies
Originally uploaded by CreativeExile.

My first pet-buying-as-a-parent experience, yikes. I've never kept fish before. I hope they're not as finicky as the literature makes them sound. I found a children's book on fish keeping to be the most useful.

I wasn't going to get Tess a fish tank for Christmas, because I know eventually it will end up being MY fish tank, or at least that I will have to take responsibility for their care. Then again, I'm the adult here, so it makes sense that I should take charge.

But once she got the thought in her head, she kept talking about Santa bringing her a fish tank. Since I don't want any more itty bitty toys and toy pieces in the house, though, a fish tank made the most sense as a gift.

Not that she didn't get the fiddley little stuff I hate. She does have grandparents, after all.

From right to left (three fish in all), there's Winter, the goldfish, Rocksha, the white goldfish, and Jack the betta -- we have a 2 1/2 gallon tank with a divider for the betta. Although he seems pretty non-agressive, hanging out around the filter and light for more warmth.

We'll see how long the names stick.

1 Comments:

  • At 5:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Isn't it so nice that she wanted a fish tank instead of a Nintendo or something? But fish tanks are a lot of work! Lucky for me, DH has a fish tank at his office, he used to want one at home, but now the one at work gives him all the soothing fish-watching that he needs for a day!
    Becca

     

Post a Comment

<< Home