CreativeExile

"Whatever shall we do in that remote spot? Well, we'll write our memoirs. Work is the scythe of time." --Napoleon Bonaparte, on his way into exile.

Friday, November 24, 2006

Blessed


Blessed
Originally uploaded by CreativeExile.

Damn! Ben just keeps getting cuter. At this rate, I'm going to have to beat away the girls when he goes to his first playgroup.

I realized yesterday (Thanksgiving, doncha know) that I hadn't yet posted two very lovely gifts from my A2 Knit In pals. Emily made the sweater and hat set, and Ingrid made him the fuzzy little booties (VERY warm and toasty)!

Also, my cropping buddies, Becky and Kelly, gave us some terrific outfits (I have not had to buy boy stuff yet) and a really cute froggy dining set from Ikea.

So thanks, ladies, for keeping Benjamin warm and well-outfitted this winter!

I could not avoid shopping this morning, yet in true scrap-crazy form, I ran (well, actually I drove) up to Brighton to Scrap Tales, the store that never honors coupons or has sales of ANY kind (since I've known about them - about a year now). They had 40% off select storage and kit items (none of which I needed or wanted, naturally), but better yet, they had 25% off EVERYTHING in the store. Whoo-hoo!

Scrap Tales is one of those stores that is laid out to perfection. Everything is color- or theme- coordinated (and those that know me well know how I am All About That) and they have the latest and greatest right up front to tempt you.

Still, I behaved pretty well today. I finally picked up the Coluzzle tabs template I've been lusting after for a while now. They had Land Before Time (!) paper as well as some other cute dinosaur paper (how many little girls go from princessess to dinosaurs in just one summer? Must record her obsession...). I had Tracy White's photography book in my hands, but figured I was getting Up There in the total department, so I traded it for a Nostalgiques corner punch the woman ahead of me had purchased (got the last one, always a coup).

The only other thing I've been needing are project storage boxes...they had color-coordinated (see, I'm crazed for that) ones for $10, so I picked up two for $7.50 each.

I got home by noon and now I'm getting ready to pack for cropping tonight...yup, I'd much rather use my time to catch up on pages than go to the mall and fight the crowds. I'll do my holiday shopping online again this year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home