CreativeExile

"Whatever shall we do in that remote spot? Well, we'll write our memoirs. Work is the scythe of time." --Napoleon Bonaparte, on his way into exile.

Thursday, November 16, 2006

T.I.L.T. 11/16/2006


House Quilts
Originally uploaded by CreativeExile.

I spied this at my local fabric/quilt/sewing machine shop (Viking Sewing Center) while shopping for backing fabric last weekend. A local Girl Scout troop created it; I think they are even raffling it off for charity (it would have helped to stop and read the article pinned to it -- ya think?!).

I LOVE house blocks; I like to think my mother's 23+year career in real estate (and my employment, for 9 years, in association management at a local board of Realtors) had an influence on my tastes.

Something about houses just makes me happy. I loved miniatures as a kid, too. I saved all my money from a paper route when I was 12 to buy a dollhouse at Franks Nursery and Crafts (remember them?)...I'm still fascinated by dollhouses & miniatures.

Not that I need another (very expensive) hobby...

1 Comments:

  • At 5:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That is a very, very cute quilt! Well, I call it cute because the Girl Scout troop made it, but it is lovely.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home