CreativeExile

"Whatever shall we do in that remote spot? Well, we'll write our memoirs. Work is the scythe of time." --Napoleon Bonaparte, on his way into exile.

Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Not on my watch

I had no idea it was so exhausting taking care of a friggin' fish.

The water was cloudy this morning, so I set to work changing out 25% of the water and put E to the task of visiting the pet store while he was out with Tess today.

In the meantime, Jack started acting weird (why the hell did I let Tess name him and get all attached to him? Dammit). I haven't done all my reading yet, but I'm pretty sure it's not a good sign to have him lying on his side at the bottom of the tank, barely moving.

Took him out and put him in freshly declorinated water, which slowly clouded too. When E got home with the anti-amonnia treatment, I put it in both the tank and betta bowl. Clear within seconds. Jack's still not really eating, but he's been through a lot in the last two days, so I'm cutting him some slack in that department.

Later we amused ourselves by putting a mirror in the betta bowl -- they really don't know what they look like. Jack immediately puffed out his gills, as did the "other" male betta.

Minutes of amusement.

Note to Lisa: My dad's tumor is benign. Like cats, my parents. On life five or six by now...he still has surgery to get through, though...no word on when that will be. Soon, but still not soon enough to hook up in Vegas in January.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home