CreativeExile

"Whatever shall we do in that remote spot? Well, we'll write our memoirs. Work is the scythe of time." --Napoleon Bonaparte, on his way into exile.

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Jack


Jack
Originally uploaded by CreativeExile.

I can't believe I almost didn't carve a pumpkin this year. What kind of seriously bad luck would that bring us on All Hallow's Eve?

Ben is - sort of - getting on a schedule. His long night stretches were obviously a fluke; he's back to waking at 2a and 6a after going down around 10p.

I don't mind the early-morning feedings if I can get him to take naps during the day. And, thanks to Dr. Karp, I am able to get him down during the day when he fusses. In fact, I'm using one of the book's "dirty little secrets" just to write this post - he's conked out in his swing, dutifully swaddled and with a pacifier. Now I can shower - after I find something to amuse Tess.

Now for some knitting news...I found my lost green bag of yarn (E stuck it waaay in the back of our downstairs closet...I've been grabbing time here and there for the last week in search of it).

I've got two gorgeous skeins of Noro Kureyon I bought on sale last year...now: what should I do with it?

I thought I'd make the Flat-Top Hat from my Modular Knits book, but I fear it may be too complicated for me (right now...with my new mom swiss-cheese brain). But a scarf seems kind of lame for such beautiful fiber -- although Last Minute Knitted Gifts has a pretty mistake-rib scarf pattern for this yarn.

Leave me comments (and pattern links, if you have them) with suggestions. After all, if I'm not going to participate in NaNo this year, I really should get back to knitting. MUCH less stressful.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home