CreativeExile

"Whatever shall we do in that remote spot? Well, we'll write our memoirs. Work is the scythe of time." --Napoleon Bonaparte, on his way into exile.

Monday, March 27, 2006

Day 1 of 21 Day Challenge


01dayrhonnaf
Originally uploaded by CreativeExile.

It's been two months since I've had a scrapbooking weekend, and just before I embarked on my crop Friday (it's actually April 2nd as I write this...see below), I looked over the latest newsletter from Farmington Hills' Scrapbook Zone.

I haven't been excited about a class -- stamping or scrapping -- since taking a slew of stamping classes last spring. Mega Meet is coming up, but I took some of their classes in 2003 and was underwhelmed. The vendor area can be inspirational, but I will probably have to skip the whole thing this year due to a major dent in my scrapbooking budget (see next paragraph...)

The Zone has Ali Edwards visiting in May (same month as Mega Meet). As she is the author of A Designer's Eye, I am VERY interested in taking one of her classes, and signed up for it Saturday. We'll be making a chipboard mini scrapbook with 7 Gypsies stuff, a company whose embellishments have always intrigued me, and working with mixing patterned papers, always a puzzle for me. Love the "shabby chic" look, can't quite figure out how to get it.

Long story short, from Ali's site I found Rhonna's, and decided to join her 21 Day (Art Journal) Challenge. You can read all about Day 1 here.

I'll be back-dating my entries until I catch up. If and when that happens. It's all about the journey, after all ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home