CreativeExile

"Whatever shall we do in that remote spot? Well, we'll write our memoirs. Work is the scythe of time." --Napoleon Bonaparte, on his way into exile.

Thursday, January 26, 2006

Maple leaves


Maple leaves
Originally uploaded by CreativeExile.

I planned this quilt for my nephew when he was born. He's 14.

Leaf blocks with stems were done back then. I sewed up the other three on Sunday. Now I have to remember how I did those stems. Applique, yes, but they're little "tubes" of fabric. I'm pretty sure I know which book has the instructions.

I remember I drafted this pattern myself, and I was pretty proud of that.

I'm keeping this quilt for myself, since my nephew's tastes don't run to flowery calicos, and hey, let's face it. I'm greedy.

I have three of each color cut out for 12" blocks, so this quilt should be at least 36x48, not including any sashing, borders, or binding. However, it's not going to come together all that quickly, as I don't have all the muslin cut out yet.

1 Comments:

  • At 2:10 PM, Blogger vintage lilac said…

    Beautiful! And since we are both working on quilts we started over a decade ago, I figured this was a good time to come out of lurkerville. I'm Amy,I live in Michigan (my husband used to work in Dexter), I quilt, I craft, I cook, I blog, I read alot and I collect Fiestaware. (I believe I've spotted Fiestaware in some of your posts!) Nice to meet you!
    I think I came across your blog awhile ago on globe of blogs and have been lurking ever since.

    Nice to meet you!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home