CreativeExile

"Whatever shall we do in that remote spot? Well, we'll write our memoirs. Work is the scythe of time." --Napoleon Bonaparte, on his way into exile.

Friday, February 10, 2006

Bear with me

I was going to keep this under my hat for another week, but I need some sympathy vibes. I'm a little over 8 weeks pregnant (again), and this time -- luckily, I guess -- I'm sick as a dog. I get about 3 hours in the middle of the day where I feel okay (if I eat a decent breakfast, and snack every hour on the hour -- bland foods only), otherwise I'm shakey all morning and sick again in the evening, into the night. Yeah, I don't even get a break when I'm sleeping.

So, you can find me on the couch, in front of the TV, for the better part of any given day. This is the first time I've been online all week. Thankfully, all of Tess's activities are in the afternoon (school, ballet) except for Kindermusik, and since I feel pretty decent right after breakfast, even that is doable one day a week.

I've watched more TV in the last two weeks than I have in a year. Not a big TV fan. Anybody else hate Santino and wish him gone on Project Runway?! Ah, but that would kill the drama, wouldn't it? I've learned more than I ever wanted to know about the Hilton sisters, Brooke Shields, and Karen Carpenter, thanks to THS on ET.

And, who knew America's Funniest Home Videos is still on? News to me.

9 Comments:

  • At 5:48 PM, Blogger Kimberly said…

    Congrats! I'm just sorry you are feeling so poorly!!

    Hope the sickness passes soon & all continues on well.

     
  • At 9:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh how exciting! Sorry about the nausea though - not fun but a comforting sign, eh? Hang in there!

    sUsAn
    www.imaginecreativenamehere.typepad.com
    (I can't remember my blogger username and password.)

     
  • At 1:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Squeeeeee!!! Okay fingers and toes and tails and everything else crossed. Nausea is good right...it means you have the hormones and all that good stuff going on. It was about 8 weeks ago when you lent me your preggie clothes right...you'll probably be ready for them back when I drop my bundle in ~6 weeks time....

     
  • At 7:09 AM, Blogger Carla said…

    Keep sitting on that couch! Tess is old enough to bring you ice water isn't she? Put 'em to work early, I say. Congrats!!

     
  • At 1:12 PM, Blogger Denise said…

    Awww..thanks, everyone! I actually felt human yesterday. Got out to Trader Joe's and got a week's supply of Reed's Jamaican Ginger Beer (not really beer, and very nice for the tummy).

    Emily: I'm rooting for Daniel. Chloe is a close second!

    Ingrid: I'll be preggers at a totally different time of year this time (due in September), so don't worry about getting those clothes back to me :) Hopefully I'll see you before *your* blessed event...!

     
  • At 10:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Sorry to hear you're feeling icky, but yay for the root cause!

     
  • At 2:24 PM, Blogger Jennie said…

    Sqeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! Lots of good thoughts coming your way!!!!

     
  • At 10:43 AM, Blogger Tamara said…

    Congrats, lady! Hang in there...hopefully you'll feel better soon.

     
  • At 6:39 PM, Blogger freddyknits said…

    Geez I am behind in my blog reading. Congrats you! I hope you are feeling better soon.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home