CreativeExile

"Whatever shall we do in that remote spot? Well, we'll write our memoirs. Work is the scythe of time." --Napoleon Bonaparte, on his way into exile.

Monday, June 27, 2005

A Much-Needed Nap

What would you do with 5 hours stretched out ahead of you on a hazy, hot Sunday afternoon? Go for a swim? A walk? Hole up in your air-conditioned house and nap for 4.5 hours?

Yeah, that last one would be me.

I've been very PMSy, crampy, hot flashes at night (although that could be the weather), bitchy, etc. etc. all the signs of the usual visit from Aunt Flo, including a craving for a salty-sweet Hawaiian pizza tonight (ham and pineapple, yum). Yet, nothing. And a long, long nap today. So, who knows what's going on. I'm not holding out any hope for being pregnant again, not after last fall. But there's always a little part of you that wants to hope. And a long nap in the middle of the day kinda of puts you there.

Anyway.

I'm up late, thanks to that nap, chatting with some Close To My Heart gals, those of us not going to convention this week. In Vegas. At the Mirage. Sob! I love the Mirage.

Went to a Stampin' Up workshop with Lisa on Saturday. A "retirement" party, so we could order the last of the retiring stamps and papers, with a very nice discount. I'd never been to one of Tina's workshops before; she's got quite the space. And I finally attempted the much-touted "shaving cream" technique. Sounds funny, doesn't it? A little stinky, but fun.



Originally uploaded by CreativeExile.

The swirled background is "shaving cream technique." The butterfly has glitter on it, too. Very pretty card.

Reading Anne Quindlen's commencement speech from 1999. Does anyone remember their HS or college commence speech? Me neither. This is a good one.

4 Comments:

  • At 1:05 PM, Blogger Warren said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 1:08 PM, Blogger Warren said…

    Dude, yer gettin' old. Brain is addled.

    Sheriff Ficano spoke at our HS commencement... scolded us not to drink and drive. And it briefly rained. NOW do you remember?

    ps: check my blog. I ordered yarn from your favorite company, altho not the one you need. :-P

     
  • At 2:16 PM, Blogger Jennie said…

    At my college commencemnt, I knitted. And listed to Robert Reich give a really good speech. The bits I remember are

    "be nice and make friends, because you never know who will grow up to be president and get you a nice job"

    "sometimes work comes before family, sometimes family before work. The hard part is figuring out which time this is"

    "You will fail at something at some point in your life. But learn your lessons from it and you'll be a better person for it"

    Then the next day the Des Moines register had a huge headline and photo featuring the college logo prominently: EXPECT TO FAIL, GRADUATES TOLD

    Also, Robert Reich is really really really short.

     
  • At 3:28 PM, Blogger Lori said…

    WOOHOO! I found another fun blog to read via an internet search for Michigan Blogs! hehe

    Hunny, I'm way too old and have way too many kids to remember way back to my high school commencement ceremony. Ah hell I forgot ... I was married and graduated midterm so I didn't have one *tearing up a little*

    I look forward to reading your 'stuff'! :) And I curse you for the ability to nap that long ... grumble groan grrrrr

     

Post a Comment

<< Home