CreativeExile

"Whatever shall we do in that remote spot? Well, we'll write our memoirs. Work is the scythe of time." --Napoleon Bonaparte, on his way into exile.

Sunday, January 30, 2005

"Tennis balls are like meatballs..."

...yet another profound statement from Tess. She comes up with these all the time, and I try to remember to write them down as quickly as possible.

We were at the tennis club last night for the end of E's league tournament. We missed seeing him play but hung around for snacks. Tess & I were watching players from the cafe when I told her, "Daddy's warming up the meatballs for the party," and she came up with the statement that's had me laughing all day. Toddlers can be frustrating, but magical. They have a whole new way of seeing the world.

She also said "Good shot!" to one of the guys on Court 1; proof that her Daddy is having a positive influence on her. It's one of the reasons I love playing with him; he always finds something about your game to compliment, and only teases gently when you mess up.

We have been thoroughly enjoying the Australian Open this past week; sat and watched the Men's Final this afternoon (a rerun; E actually woke up at 3a to watch the first hour live before he fell back asleep). I've figured out the game enough to shout "Wow!" and "Awesome!" and "YES!" every time Safin hit one of his amazing shots. And there were plenty of them.

Thanks to Digital Yarn for reminding me how fun it is to watch tennis (although I can't knit while doing so). This link is keeping me amused now that the Fun Down Under is over for another year.

2 Comments:

  • At 6:50 PM, Blogger Susie said…

    Hey Denise,

    In answer to your question on my stitching weblog, the Bent Creek pattern I did had NO backstitching. Actually, a lot of those Bent Creek patterns don't have any. Also check out Lizzie Kate patterns, they are kind of similar. :-)

     
  • At 9:18 AM, Blogger sUsAn said…

    "Tennis balls are like meatballs..." hee! Very profound Miss Tess! :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home