CreativeExile

"Whatever shall we do in that remote spot? Well, we'll write our memoirs. Work is the scythe of time." --Napoleon Bonaparte, on his way into exile.

Sunday, January 30, 2005

Grocery list

Just so you know, that romantic dinner never happened. Not, in any part, due to E's lack of trying. See, we had our next-door-neighbors' daughter sit for us that Friday I had my party. Just for an hour, because I had to leave at 4:30p and E didn't get home until 5:30p. When he got home, he asked our sitter if she could sit for us Wednesday night. He also told her it was a secret. From what I understand, either she or he said they would get back to the other. And since it was a surprise, The Family Organizer (that would be me) didn't know to confirm it with all parties involved.

Only I found out about it Tuesday night, and didn't confirm it either, so perhaps I should step down as FO. Anyway, crossed wires, something lost in translation, whatever, 5:50p Wednesday night rolls around (she was to be over by 5:30p and she's famously early), no sitter. I call next door, leave a message on their answering machine (another Bad Sign), call E, who gets cell phone numbers, still -- it was never confirmed. So yeah, a big disappointment, but I overcame it by shopping at Trader Joe's today. To the tune of $113. Hey, dinner would've been at least $50, not including the cost of the sitter!

I don't know what it is about Trader Joe's, I get confused in there. This time I got caught up in the frozen food section. I bought 7 different microwave bowl meals, mostly for E to take to work (he prefers my cooking, he told me when I showed him, so he's still a romantic). Our freezer, pretty much emptied to make room for pierogis in December, is now dangerously full. Here's the rest of the list (keep in mind, I've got 7 bowl dinners packed in with all this):

Chicken Chimichangas (2 pkgs)
Tamales (3 pkgs)
Roasted Corn
Pot Stickers (2 bags, pork for E, veggie for me)
Stuffed Chicken Breasts (3)
(actually those went into the fridge to defrost for tomorrow...)
Ratatouille (no I did not have to run upstairs to check the spelling on that,
thankyouverymuch!)
Petit Peas
Blueberries
Roasted Red & Yellow Peppers
French Onion Soup (!) (2 servings. I have no idea how they packaged these, they're in a box!)

Hopefully those bowls will get eaten this week...after all, I don't have any home cooking to do. Thank you, Joe!

"And now for something completely different:"


Rubber rooster rubber rooster rubber rooster! Posted by Hello

Made this last night and posted it to my favorite stamping/sharing group at Yahoo, Stamped Art Scans. These ladies are really great, they always have something nice to say, and they share whatever they're working on. Doesn't have to be CTMH, which is a welcome relief. I belong to a couple of those groups already and I'm famous for saying "but this (or that) isn't CTMH" (usually patterned paper or cardstock. Some folks are picky about it. If they can't sell it, they don't want to see it. Stifling.)

2 Comments:

  • At 4:34 PM, Blogger Susie said…

    Aaaah! I love that rooster card!

    I am in the middle of cross stitching a bunch of roosters. I love them! They're so cool!

    And my cross stitch blog uses the same layout as your blog. I didn't do it on purpose, promise!

     
  • At 9:17 AM, Blogger sUsAn said…

    Too bad about the dinner out. Next time I bet that babysitter will be inundated with confirmation calls. ;) Mmm....Trader Joe's...I have several things on your list in *my* freezer. I just asked dh if he could bring home some TJ's coffee. We love their pot stickers. Love the rooster card!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home