CreativeExile

"Whatever shall we do in that remote spot? Well, we'll write our memoirs. Work is the scythe of time." --Napoleon Bonaparte, on his way into exile.

Friday, September 17, 2004

Some days I just give up.


Hiding spot Posted by Hello

Like today. I woke up and realized that Rosie STILL has not sent me the $30 for the album she ordered (and had delivered) at the beginning of the month. Two phone calls and a couple of emails later, maybe I've been had. It's not the first time and perhaps not the last, but I give up.

I called E since it's cold today and our (semi-)decision to stay at a resort on Lake Michigan for our upcoming child-free getaway suddenly seemed unwise. I didn't make the reservation yesterday when he started hemming and hawing about it, and I haven't called any place yet today because -surprise- he STILL can't help me make a decision ("have you checked the weather out west? what's coming? any other places (besides the 3 perfectly good ones I've weeded out?) we could consider?")...I give up.

Tess played with the bedside lamp while I tried to get a few minutes of shuteye this afternoon (she's only ever joined me once, but can't hurt trying). Click - on. Click - off. Click - on. Downstairs, sound of glass breaking (second one today). I give up.

I've been roaming around other knitting blogs and have discovered a TON. No surprise. But I'm not going to link to any of them or start that whole round of "I'm reading them why aren't they reading me?" whine-fest. I've sunk my own ship too many times down those locks. I give up.

But I'm going to keep writing. Even when I'm having a crappy day. Because there's always something to make me smile. Like Tess wanting me to join her in her new hiding place, even though I've explained that I'm a grown-up and too big and that is her own special hiding place, why doesn't she keep it to herself like everything else in the house?

Mineminemine! Posted by Hello

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home