CreativeExile

"Whatever shall we do in that remote spot? Well, we'll write our memoirs. Work is the scythe of time." --Napoleon Bonaparte, on his way into exile.

Monday, September 13, 2004

Who knew?


E at Oktoberfest Posted by Hello

Who knew I was a morning person? And we have daylight savings time yet to come (or does it end? I never get that straight. Spring forward, fall behind, no problem, whether we're going into it or out of it, I just don't know).

I've been waking up well before six for the last few mornings (well, except for Saturday morning, when I woke up still tipsy at 2:00 a.m. from the two and a half beers I had at Oktoberfest, and fell back asleep until 8:30 a.m.). Which means I've been getting Morning Pages done, hurrah. (Yes, even on Saturday.)

Tess has been waking up early too, though, which means I don't get to update this site until she's amusing herself, which she rarely does for more than 3 minutes at a time. There should be some kind of support group for moms whose toddlers don't nap. At the very least we should get some free childcare.

E is tennis-obssessed for the summer, which means he goes off to play 3+ times a week, leaving me at home with Tess, even on the weekends. His parents watch her on Sundays but not this past Sunday as they have major plumbing repairs going on in their main bathroom. At least E took her yesterday for a few hours out to the lake while I sat at home trying not to do housework. It's tempting, but it's not what my free time is for.

I managed to make one card -- that's it -- near the end of my free time. Before that I fixed Tess's tutu (the ratty thing she insists on wearing everywhere that I can't believe she left with me yesterday) and got online -- always a deadly activity. It's complete inaction, despite how busy it seems.

And I'm doing it again, when we have GOT to hit the road. Going up to Frankenmuth to see mom. Going to meet her at Rapunzel's. Knit shops -- another time-killing (and budget-slaying) activity.

Oh, the glories of the web. I just found out Rapunzel's is closed on Mondays. Saved from myself yet again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home