CreativeExile

"Whatever shall we do in that remote spot? Well, we'll write our memoirs. Work is the scythe of time." --Napoleon Bonaparte, on his way into exile.

Wednesday, September 15, 2004

Knit-knack

I've moved on from scarves and baby hats (although I'm making a watch cap for my honey for Xmas, hope he likes it). People magazine, I see, declared long scarves "out" ("remember Isadora Duncan," they said, under a picture of Lindsey Lohan wearing a long scarf earlier this year, which made me laugh). Mom & I saw cheap fuzzy scarves being sold in a bead shop (!) in Frankenmuth. Knit in the round, they were thin fun-fur things and looked highly flammable, somehow. $12.95 -- about what you'd pay for a skein of decent yarn, which would look 100 times better.

I'm working on a poncho, which I predict will have an even shorter shelf life than scarves. That whole retro-factor cancels out modern coolness (bell bottoms came and went again, didn't they?) A least this poncho is quick to make (from Family Circle's Easy Knitting and Crochet, Fall 2004), and the turtleneck will only increase the warmth factor.


poncho -- from the neck down. Posted by Hello

If I am pregnant (that's my current mantra: if, if, if...), I know over the winter my internal furnace will be stoked to the max, and a ponco will just do it for an outer layer for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home