CreativeExile

"Whatever shall we do in that remote spot? Well, we'll write our memoirs. Work is the scythe of time." --Napoleon Bonaparte, on his way into exile.

Wednesday, September 08, 2004

Flowers as big as dinner plates



Anybody know what these are? I'm so glad I didn't weed out my garden this spring. Seriously, I have three long raised beds (what, 120 feet EACH?), two along my driveway invaded by bees and wasps (shudder) and one along the length of my backyard. Also a rundown rose garden along the back of our house and a mixed perennial border alongside our garage. I am so not a gardener (and I'm terrified of bees) that everything looks like crap. But occasionally I'll get a pleasant surpise, like these unknown beauties. TIA.

Oh, and does this photo posting program ROCK, or what? Posted by Hello

2 Comments:

  • At 3:59 PM, Blogger Tamara said…

    Those are tropical hibiscus, my dear, and some lovely ones at that! Be sure to cut back and mulch over once they're done blooming and before your really cold weather sets it...
    Tam

     
  • At 8:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey, I love those hibiscus! I'm waiting to get some myself for the mudpit in front of our house and they keep delaying at the garden center. They're also called "Rose of Malo".

    Jean Lotus
    Chicago

     

Post a Comment

<< Home