CreativeExile

"Whatever shall we do in that remote spot? Well, we'll write our memoirs. Work is the scythe of time." --Napoleon Bonaparte, on his way into exile.

Saturday, September 25, 2004

Poker Night

Everyone should be arriving in about an hour or so. Not as many people as I thought, though, which is okay. One night we had 9 (!) people at one table (should have split it up), everyone quickly folded under high pots and it was impossible to get a good feel for individual players' styles.

E's feeling tired and just went to lie down. I didn't tell you he's having surgery Tuesday, did I? I probably didn't even tell you last year when he was hospitalized with tonsillitis just before Thanksgiving. What a sucky holiday that was. I finally convinced him to get the recommended tonsillectomy ("I thought you didn't want me to get one," he explained, and I had to laugh heartily at that, since it was the Guys at Work who freaked him out with horror stories about having this surgery so "late" in life).

Seriously, he barely sleeps 4-6 hours at night (and never consecutively) due to breathing issues, so I've convinced him that getting his tonsils out will help him get a good night's sleep. AND perhaps he won't get so deathly ill this winter as to be hospitalized again.

The weather has chilled considerably since getting back from Saugatuck yesterday. We had gorgeous weather while we were there, in the high 70s/low 80s with glorious sunshine every day. Couldn't have asked for better weather. Unfortunately, my body REALLY let me know I wasn't pregnant, and in addition to (you can stop reading here if you hate this sort of talk) one of the longest periods EVER, I also had a wicked migraine nearly the whole week.

The Headache from Hell is gone now, though, and I even got to the scrapbook store this morning and bought paper & embellishments for our vacation layouts. I printed out the pictures yesterday when E went to play tennis (sigh). I should have the pages done tomorrow before Tess gets home. That will be my quickest turnaround for scrapbook layouts EVER.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home