CreativeExile

"Whatever shall we do in that remote spot? Well, we'll write our memoirs. Work is the scythe of time." --Napoleon Bonaparte, on his way into exile.

Tuesday, September 21, 2004

On Vacation

Ha, I post how I'm going to continue writing then I stop. Welcome to Deniseville!

We're at a public library in Douglas MI and E is sitting right next to me, so this will be quick. No, he still doesn't know that I'm blogging. He never knew about bookwhore as far as I know. Hee, I'm thinking about the time Karen D was over for a BBQ and someone asked how we met and Karen very deftly answered "online book club" without blinking an eye. It's good to have internet buddies that know not to out you, y'know? Even though E knows Karen & I met through my old journaling site, Last Girl Scout.

Anyway, rough night Sunday night. My mom came over in the afternoon and E took care of Tess while Mom and I went to the Fiber Fair over in Chelsea. I have to learn how to spin. Not only is the wool cheaper, it looks very soothing.

I only had a couple of hours with my Mom and I could not shut up. I even stopped myself at one point and apologized for zooming from subject to subject. My Mom understood, she knows Tess isn't napping (and still took her for the week!) and knows I have no adult company all day long (sometimes into the evening hours, too, but outdoor tennis season is almost over) so she knew I needed to unload. I did not seem to have enough time to say everything and felt scattered when I did talk, but I had a lot on my mind.

By Sunday afternoon it was quite obvious that I was not pregnant, and while I was somewhat relieved (knowing I would be able to enjoy our vacation that much more), I was surprised at the intensity of my disappointment later that evening. I left my job with plans to be pregnant by September, baby in June (look, it's even in my profile!), now a big wrench has been thrown into those plans and I came to see how much I believed it would all happen just as I mapped it out.

Best laid plans, pawn of the universe, however I look at it, I'm trying to relax and go with the flow. Sorry for the cliches. I only have a half an hour here and we want to get out and enjoy some beautiful weather. Not to mention lunch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home