CreativeExile

"Whatever shall we do in that remote spot? Well, we'll write our memoirs. Work is the scythe of time." --Napoleon Bonaparte, on his way into exile.

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Minor (VERY minor) complications

I ended up going to "triage" -- not the ER, just a special area at the hospital's Family Birth Center -- Saturday afternoon, after coming home from cropping with a wicked headache that Tylenol-every-4-hours overnight couldn't crack. It was painful enough to keep me up all night, calling the on-call doctor at 2:00 a.m. and again at 2:00 p.m. on Saturday.

The doctor's office was worried about Pregnancy Induced Hypertension (and I can Capitalize that, because they gave me an offical flyer on it), but I knew it was just a sinus/migraine headache that needed something more powerful than the children's -- yes, children's -- Tylenol I had been taking all night.

I keep forgetting my last pregnancy was nearly 5 years ago; things must have changed because at that time, when I had a severe head cold at 9 months, I was told to take nothing stronger than children's Sudafed, and only at night, so that I could sleep.

I walked away from triage Saturday with a prescription for Tylenol 3 (yup, the one with codeine), which I never did fill and the instruction that I could take Sudafed -- regular ole adult-strength Sudafed -- on top of the regular Tylenol they'd given me at the hospital.

I apparently still have my hangup from 5 years ago about taking anything too strong while pregnant, although I did take Extra Strength Tylenol before I went to bed Saturday night, which FINALLY kicked my sinus/migraine -- or perhaps just the moving on of a cold front did it...slept like a log, which I sorely needed after being up all night, in pain, Friday night.

I'm working on my first-ever Circle Journal at 2peas; it took FOREVER for me to get anything from the woman who started it, but luckily her package finally arrived (on Saturday, of course) and I've been working on three back-logged CJs little by little while Tess anaesthetitizes herself with Land Before Time videos.

At least she's moved on from Disney Princesses. I find it pretty cool that she's into dinosaurs now (and snakes, and mice). Still won't wear anything but pink & purple, though.

So...here's a fun quiz I found over at Dribble and Scribble.

So true.

Which Scrapbooking Paper Collection Are You?

You are KAREN FOSTER paper! The present joys of life you doubtly taste by looking back with pleasure on the past.You love to scrapbook to cherish the memories. Your albums no doubt have a clean natural look to them and for the most part might like to keep in theme with neutral colors and avoid brights.
Take this quiz!

1 Comments:

  • At 10:25 AM, Blogger sUsAn said…

    Sorry to hear about your headache! Like you I was surprised when I was pregnant and told I could take Extra Strength Tylenol when I had a migraine (I usually take Imitrex which was a no no when pregnant). Hope you are feeling better now! Best wishes for your labor and delivery and all that fun stuff! :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home