CreativeExile

"Whatever shall we do in that remote spot? Well, we'll write our memoirs. Work is the scythe of time." --Napoleon Bonaparte, on his way into exile.

Thursday, August 24, 2006

Things I Love Thursdays


Memories of China fave
Originally uploaded by CreativeExile.

This is for a Flickr group I belong to; this is the first Thursday I've remembered to post to it!

Found this fabric on my Birthday Discount hunt...shopping with Mom at stores that gave me a discount for my birthday...Viking Sewing Center in Ann Arbor offered 30% off fabric that day.

I was so delighted to find this fabric; we have friends adopting a girl from China soon, and I've been wanting it to make a tie quilt for her.

I saw it featured in a recent issue of McCall's Quilting; they had cut it up and combined it with other Asian fabrics in a patterned quilt, but I will just make a tie quilt. Otherwise, the poor girl will be graduating high school before she gets it (just ask my niece and nephew...oh wait, they're 14 and 15 and STILL haven't received the quilts I started for them when they were born)!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home