CreativeExile

"Whatever shall we do in that remote spot? Well, we'll write our memoirs. Work is the scythe of time." --Napoleon Bonaparte, on his way into exile.

Monday, August 21, 2006

In Limbo

Still here, still pregnant. About four weeks to go...

Picture me like this: I am in a kayak on top of the very solid rock of my 40th birthday, waiting. Soon I will be pushed into the rushing river below, and I don't know which direction I will head in:

Upstream with a very strong paddle, toward the birth of my second child?

Or downstream into the rapids, without control, as my father in-law dies inch by inch, in the final stages of his 5-year battle with advanced prostate cancer.

I'll just stay on this rock a little longer, thanks.

1 Comments:

  • At 9:50 PM, Blogger FaeryCrafty said…

    Congrats on your pregnancy, and I am really sorry about your father-in-law.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home