CreativeExile

"Whatever shall we do in that remote spot? Well, we'll write our memoirs. Work is the scythe of time." --Napoleon Bonaparte, on his way into exile.

Sunday, June 18, 2006

The Show


The Show
Originally uploaded by CreativeExile.

So YAY! It all worked out. Sort of. Our babysitter's dad rolled up, got out of the car, and said, "I heard you got tickets to the show!" Which, in reality, still left E a bit clueless. We could've been going to the movies, for all he knew.

But we went to the Ann Arbor Comedy Showcase to see someone we wanted to see LAST year, Elvira Kurt. She had to cancel her show because she had a new commitment, something like an HBO special to tape, not a bad alternative. But when I was in town on Thursday and saw she was going to be here this weekend, I scrambled to get a sitter & tickets, since it was the perfect birthday gift for E.

I don't know what I was more excited about, the show tickets or getting a babysitter at the last minute.

Elvira kept heckling the crowd for being quiet, but at one point I had to get a tissue out, I was laughing so hard I cried. We've been to one other show there, and the audience was waaaaay more dead, so A2 might just have a bad rep as an over-educated, hard-to-please crowd.

Unfortunately, we were met back home by our babysitter saying, "Tess has been complaining about her stomach all night, didn't eat dinner, went to bed, and she just threw up." So, it turned into a really long night for all of us. Food poisoning from the reception after her recital yesterday, although it didn't hit E or me.

1 Comments:

  • At 8:31 PM, Blogger Denise said…

    Wow! We may use the same backdrop, but I love all the links and banners you have. Wish I weas that literate with HTML. BTW, the Blogger challenges are on the GS board, like [[Monday Bloggers]]

     

Post a Comment

<< Home