CreativeExile

"Whatever shall we do in that remote spot? Well, we'll write our memoirs. Work is the scythe of time." --Napoleon Bonaparte, on his way into exile.

Thursday, June 15, 2006

Basted moon quilt


Basted moon quilt
Originally uploaded by CreativeExile.

I have discovered a horrible secret for evening energy -- Spanish Drinking Chocolate from Zingerman's. It gives me a gentler buzz than coffee (I'm even avoiding decaf at this point, it upsets my stomach so) but keeps me up well past midnight.

I *am* taking it easy with the stuff, though, but MAN. I was up until nearly midnight in some kind of mad rush to finish basting this quilt.

I have no idea if it's overkill or not; I know the 200+ pins I had in it before basting it with thread was DEFINITELY overkill. Keep in mind this is a 20"x20" wall quilt, and my basting lines are about an inch, inch and a half apart. Well, better over-basted than underbasted, I guess. What a pain basting a full-size quilt must be!

1 Comments:

  • At 8:26 PM, Blogger Denise said…

    Denise, I lived in Ann Arbor for 10 years, and the only thing I miss regularly is Zingerman's!! For 3 years I worked across the street from their Bake House--evil. And don't get me started on the Almod Poppyseed coffee cake...

    (the other)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home