CreativeExile

"Whatever shall we do in that remote spot? Well, we'll write our memoirs. Work is the scythe of time." --Napoleon Bonaparte, on his way into exile.

Saturday, April 22, 2006

Mary T's


Mary T's
Originally uploaded by CreativeExile.

A good night of cropping yesterday. Got there late, AS USUAL (7 p.m.), but hung around until the bitter end (11 p.m.).

This was the first page I really thought out while I was taking the photos - usually I just shoot and shoot and sort 'em out later, in the layout stage (and curse myself for not getting just the right horizontal or vertical shot).

PLUS I handed the camera to E and asked (shock!) for a picture of me. Not that I'm happy with it...who ever is?!

This is a Dexter restaurant that closed recently. We knew it was closing; we didn't know this would be our last chance for breakfast (and photos) there.

The "real" Mary T (yes, there was one) told us her rent was skyrocketing (and she had several colorful things to say about her landlord), but this week I was walking past the storefront restaurant and there were "Warning - Do Not Enter - Property Under Seizure" signs. So, who knows the real story.

Today, hopefully, (as soon as E gets his butt back from early-morning tennis, grr...) I am off to the first of the Spring/Summer Ann Arbor Antique Markets. Then I'll have to come home and do something with the fabulous vintage photos I picked up there last April...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home