Neck dilemma #2
Originally uploaded by CreativeExile.
First, I picked up stitches around the neck without counting, just by looking at the stitches and seeing what I could evenly space. I came up with 65 stitches. I was supposed to have 123.
Now, perhaps it is significant to note that I already blew off the instructions, and long ago cast off the shoulders. The first bit of instruction for picking up stitches was to use the LIVE ONES FROM THE SHOULDERS. Oops.
I had already sewn up the fronts and backs of the raglan shoulders, so I did what I could to pick up stitches, but came up waaaay short.
Kim convinced me to try again last night at Knit In, but the light was dim so all I managed was ripping out what I had and setting it aside (she also suggested giving in and doing a crochet edging, to which I merely cackled. Sorry).
All night long I dreamt of knitting into the front and back of stitches to get the right amount (since the instructions required DOUBLE what I came up with). That idea was easy enough, and I spent the better part of this morning finishing up the neck.
In the (paraphrased) immortal words of Scarlet O'Hara, I'll tear this out and think about it tomorrow.
I just hope I don't have any more knitting dreams. They're exhausting.