CreativeExile

"Whatever shall we do in that remote spot? Well, we'll write our memoirs. Work is the scythe of time." --Napoleon Bonaparte, on his way into exile.

Wednesday, July 20, 2005

My Big Fat Foot

I didn't realize how badly I needed to go knitting Tuesday night until, well, until I went. It was a stressful day, so a bit of knitting and chit-chat was just what I needed.


Heel 1
Originally uploaded by CreativeExile.

Kim (looking pensive in the background there) assured me that no, indeed, those heel turning directions (my first) were correct and yes, that was short-row shaping (something that dawned on me while dreaming over those directions the night after I read them, having gone to bed thinking, WTF?!)


Heel 2
Originally uploaded by CreativeExile.

Elisha supplied the pictures and took a couple, just to be safe. Too bad you can't see the lovely disco-ball glitter effect of silver thread running through the sock yarn.

I had to run off, unfortunately, to a parenting meeting, otherwise I could have sat and worked on my gusset well into the evening. I started on the "wrong" side of the heel (according to directions..."HA" I say, to directions) when picking up stitches (props to Elisha again, for helping me do that for the first time), but managed to figure it out (I just switched the directions around until the decreases made sense, one on each side of the instep).

Kim was burning to talk about HPVI, but none of the rest of us have read/finished it yet, so I was inspired after my parenting meeting to run out to The Dark Side -- Barnes & Noble (from which we had just received a $50 gift card) -- to pick up a copy. E and I are having a side-by-side race to finish it first.

2 Comments:

  • At 5:56 PM, Blogger Kimberly said…

    hurry hurry! I still have no one to talk about it with!!! :p

     
  • At 8:41 AM, Blogger Kate said…

    I finished it and hopefully will be there on tuesday so maybe we can hunker down somewhere and talk about it without ruining it for anyone else!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home