CreativeExile

"Whatever shall we do in that remote spot? Well, we'll write our memoirs. Work is the scythe of time." --Napoleon Bonaparte, on his way into exile.

Monday, January 03, 2005

Journal for Patti


Journal for Patti Posted by Hello

Last year I used decorated composition books exclusively for my journal(s) (I ended up needing 4 of them). I had a ton of comp books left over from a craft fair I prepared for in the fall of 2003; a total waste of time as I did not sell ONE. Might as well put them to good use, right?

This year I'm back to my standard Borders clearance journals, one of the large ones, with 300+ lined pages. It's good to know I'll get the whole year into one book. I sat up late Sunday night and decorated the inside cover with my favorite stamps (the cover is black fabric this year, so I could only stamp the outside cover in metallics and white), just to get the creative juices flowing and to start playing with my stamps again (I have so many, and not all Close To My Heart. Jody Poesy is a favorite, and featured heavily on the journal I created for Patti).

I pulled a blank comp book out once I'd decorated my journal for 2005 and just had fun with it. Only I opened it after I decorated it, and discovered I'd decorated it upside down -- D'OH. I went to bed and took care of it on Sunday morning -- and added fibers and silver photo corners while I was at it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home