CreativeExile

"Whatever shall we do in that remote spot? Well, we'll write our memoirs. Work is the scythe of time." --Napoleon Bonaparte, on his way into exile.

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Off and running...


Off and running...
Originally uploaded by CreativeExile.

...first day of school was yesterday. Of course, I had some running around of my own to do, including a weekly doctor's visit.

Seems I am further along in this, the week of my due date, than I was with Tess. So this one may not be 2 weeks overdue, as she was. Or, as I like to say, he's going to annoy me like his father does by consistently being on time.

Mom is freaking out. She calls at least twice a day to outline her plans for coming in to town early. She's attending a Michigan Quilting Network convention in Troy this weekend (if the baby holds off), which she's had planned since January, but also has a coveted doctor's appointment on Thursday, so she's decided to come in Wednesday night just in case...I've heard this plan repeated about 7 different ways in the last 24 hours so I've GOT IT.

She's also told my siblings that if I don't go this weekend, I will be induced Monday. Good to know, since all I told her was that I have a follow-up appointment that day, THEN PERHAPS inducement will be scheduled, mid-week.

I'm leaving it up to her to straighten out my sibs. As long as they don't start calling me. Why break with tradition?

Okay, sounding bitter.

Anyway, I knew something was going on this weekend when I felt an overwhelming urge to scrub my kitchen floor (really, it was disgusting) and put everything into the laundry that could be on Sunday...including blankets, pillowcases, sheets, and mattress pads.

It was the mattress pads and floor scrubbing that made me say, "NESTING!" That, and taking the dryer's lint trap brush to the underside of my fridge. I think I have a whole new cat after 4 or 5 passes under that thing.

3 Comments:

  • At 9:39 AM, Blogger sUsAn said…

    Thinking of you...

     
  • At 6:32 AM, Blogger myslewis said…

    Oh my - isn't that last bit just the worst!! Good Luck.

    I have tagged you so if you want a little distraction go to my website for details.

    I'll be checking in to see how you are going:-)
    Good luck Eugenia

     
  • At 10:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Keeping fingers crossed for the happy day...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home