CreativeExile

"Whatever shall we do in that remote spot? Well, we'll write our memoirs. Work is the scythe of time." --Napoleon Bonaparte, on his way into exile.

Friday, October 21, 2005

Our newest toy


enjoying the fire
Originally uploaded by CreativeExile.

...our chiminea. Mom brought down firewood last week. My folks have 10 acres, and after 30+ years in a factory, my Dad still has to get up and get to work in the morning. His factory is now a forest. His favorite job is cutting down trees. Keeps him strong.

I'm looking for sewing machine buying-advice. Let me know your thoughts, if you have any. At the very least, my requirements are zigzag stitch and one that doesn't jam up on the tension constantly. I don't need anything fancy like embroidery. Just a good beginner sewing machine. Maybe even one a kid could use someday.

3 Comments:

  • At 5:07 PM, Blogger Kimberly said…

    oooo.. a chimea! totally jealous! Enjoy!

     
  • At 9:29 AM, Blogger sUsAn said…

    Cool chimea! I don't have a sewing machine either, but noticed that our new (large!) Joann's has a big section with sewing machines galore. They do lessons and let you try out the various machines.

     
  • At 5:36 PM, Blogger Tamara said…

    I bought a refurb sewing machine of off eBay and it rocks. Not too fancy or expensive (I paid $100 including shipping). It also came with an instruction CD-ROM. The sellers ID is premierappliance1. I bought mine from him 2 years ago - he's gotten a couple of (-) feedbacks in that time so you may want to investigate.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home