CreativeExile

"Whatever shall we do in that remote spot? Well, we'll write our memoirs. Work is the scythe of time." --Napoleon Bonaparte, on his way into exile.

Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Zingers


zingers
Originally uploaded by CreativeExile.

If you can still see my embroidered lady, you'll see these fabrics are all a bit bright to go with her. Brights are good for a kid's quilt, though. They're what quilters call "zingers." I need some mellow yellows, pale pinks, and a light teal in the mix somehow. But hey, I've got a whole quilt to play with, 35 nine-inch squares to blend colors together.

There's green stars, a purple modern fabric Tess picked out, some dragon fabric I've got a close-up of below, orange dots, and the really funky '60s flower power fabric that started my fat quarter hunt at Saline's new Quilting Season store yesterday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home