CreativeExile

"Whatever shall we do in that remote spot? Well, we'll write our memoirs. Work is the scythe of time." --Napoleon Bonaparte, on his way into exile.

Sunday, October 09, 2005

Mom's making what?!


Mom's making what?!
Originally uploaded by CreativeExile.

At our yarn tasting a couple of weeks ago, Kate reminded me that it was nearly prune plum season, and lo and behold, I found some at Whole Paycheck this past week. From Michigan, no less.

So I'm guessing my memory of plum brandy is a little hazy (all those vodka-soaked plums I ate), and Mom did not make this at Thanksgiving for us to drink at Christmas. She must have started it in October.

I remember sneaking tastes of plumy, vodka-y sugar crystals that would ooze out from under the lid as we turned it over each day.

Mmm...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home