CreativeExile

"Whatever shall we do in that remote spot? Well, we'll write our memoirs. Work is the scythe of time." --Napoleon Bonaparte, on his way into exile.

Monday, October 10, 2005

Pretty lady


Pretty lady
Originally uploaded by CreativeExile.

Cranking along on my first project from Embroidered Treasures for Children. Tess wanted her gal blonde instead of the raven-haired beauty pictured in the book, so it was done. Her only other request was a purple dress, DONE. Now the flowers are all mine, and I picked a few different colors than what was listed in the book. That's what makes embroidery fun, of course.

I've enjoyed going back to embroidery so much, that I ordered some patterns from Sublime Stitching. Now, if I can just keep from going into quilt shops (or being enabled online by my friend Karen, the Slytherin!), I might keep my craft budget for October under control. Dang, and we have a new quilt shop to check out in Saline...

I also ordered some things online from YesAsia -- the Japanese quilting book everybody's raving about, and an embroidery book that I'm hoping is decent. Hard to tell when all you have to go by is the cover, and the description of the book is all in Japanese. But hey, I got free shipping (and saved $6) by ordering a second $20 book...makes sense, right?

Plum brandy update: a few renegade plums made it up through the sugar last night, and by this morning about two-thirds of the mix was purple plumy goodness. Tess was all excited that it turned purple already. Like she's gonna drink it, when she made such a face after smelling the vodka last night.

2 Comments:

  • At 10:34 PM, Blogger sUsAn said…

    Just "e-ed" you too but had to add a comment here...I am soooooooooo jealous of that new embroidery book you have! I adore Claire's Knitted Babes book so I *must* get this one too!

     
  • At 11:15 AM, Blogger Denise said…

    I did a search on Claire and did a big "D'OH!" when I realized she's the one who did the Knitted Babes book, too. Can't believe I didn't realize that. Serendipity, huh?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home