CreativeExile

"Whatever shall we do in that remote spot? Well, we'll write our memoirs. Work is the scythe of time." --Napoleon Bonaparte, on his way into exile.

Thursday, October 06, 2005

Look what landed in our garden today...


Fairy #1
Originally uploaded by CreativeExile.

Not quite as elaborate as Salley's, but Tess was thrilled. It's the beginner one, anyway.

I've had the Felt Wee Folk book for almost two years now, collecting little things here and there. I picked up a a dozen different wool felt strips when Gathering Basket went out of business. This fall Tess really got into collecting the acorn caps for their hats. We've got enough for a fairy army!

The hardest has been finding decent "silk" flowers for the skirt, and I still haven't located 12mm or 10mm unvarnished wooden beads for the head. Had to go with 16mm, which is okay; smaller might have made me crazy on the first time out.

Hope the Elmer's glue holds.

I picked up this really cute embroidery book the other day. Went to the library this morning after Kindermusik to enlarge some of the patterns. Love the gritty finger puppet-pirates!

1 Comments:

  • At 12:29 PM, Blogger sUsAn said…

    How sweet! I love your fairy! My girls would love it! I'll have to look for that book. Funny that you mention embroidery...I've been noddling around with it lately. That book you got looks amazing! Another to look for!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home