CreativeExile

"Whatever shall we do in that remote spot? Well, we'll write our memoirs. Work is the scythe of time." --Napoleon Bonaparte, on his way into exile.

Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Circus Socks


Circus Socks
Originally uploaded by CreativeExile.

These socks were made with yarn (Artful Yarn's Circus) from my Secret Pal 4...well, one of two that bailed out my failed SP4. Thanks again to Cece! These knit up fast (I did one of them in a day). I should have used #11 DPs but all I had on hand was #10s, and since I started these last month...ahem...when I couldn't leave the house, I had to go with what I had. OF COURSE, they turned out small, too small for me, but my MIL's birthday is this week, and she has really tiny feet, so, there you go.

The finished stuff just keeps on coming...although I may just work on my Gryffindor scarf tonight at Knit In, instead of my second disco sock...Gotta keep up with Karen, who is quickly (very quickly) catching up with me on her (cough) Slytherin scarf, and I only got her started Saturday! The race is on...

2 Comments:

  • At 1:58 PM, Blogger Cece said…

    Those are really great! I was wondering how socks out of that yarn would look - it's awesome!

    Glad you got to have some SP4 fun... even though it was a bit late.

     
  • At 4:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Even if I keep knitting at this pace, which I seriously doubt I will, I'll never finish first because I don't know how to. Cast off? What? :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home