CreativeExile

"Whatever shall we do in that remote spot? Well, we'll write our memoirs. Work is the scythe of time." --Napoleon Bonaparte, on his way into exile.

Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Blimp!


Blimp!
Originally uploaded by CreativeExile.

Heard the familiar drone of a blimp engine while in the backyard today. Dang, it is as hard to convey the sheer size of these things going overhead, as it is to get an accurate picture of the full moon. What's up with that?

I like how it looks like it's about to crash into our chimney. Too bad I didn't hold up my fingers and do an old Kids in the Hall "I'm crushing your head/blimp" routine.

Always feel a little 1938 when one of these goes by. I hear the A2 area is in the flight path to the blimp factory in Akron, OH, so we get a lot of these. Usually around game day at the Big House; weird to see one in the middle of the week.

Didn't make me hungry for Outback Steak House, though. We had Jamaican for dinner tonight instead. Fried plantains, mmmm....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home