CreativeExile

"Whatever shall we do in that remote spot? Well, we'll write our memoirs. Work is the scythe of time." --Napoleon Bonaparte, on his way into exile.

Sunday, March 20, 2005

Sickly weekend


Another 2004 layout done... Posted by Hello

No cropping for me this past Friday. We actually had Tess at the doctor's around 2p, she was that sick. Eyes glazed over, groaning instead of giving a simple yes or no to my questions, STILL vomiting, almost 48 hours later.

E insisted on giving her chicken broth as we left for the doctor's; stupid me, I forgot to let him know that the sodium in broth would dehydrate her even worse. Well, if it had stayed in her, it would have. The car ride might have made her woozy, too, so I can't entirely blame it on E. Although he kept forcing liquids down her at an alarming rate at the doctor's. Again, they didn't stay in her for long.

The doctor thought she was "mildly dehydrated" but not enough to warrant a visit to the ER that afternoon. I brought my knitting, just in case. Like I'd be able to knit if my daughter were hooked up to an IV. Shudder.

She had two more bouts of vomiting after we got home, then all was quiet. She very slowly munched 3 bites of banana on Saturday morning and I restrained myself from doing the happy dance (just in case I jinxed it). It was so spooky to see her zoned out on Friday, and to not hear her (incessant) voice. She was still weak today but playing it up a bit. She took a bath tonight and sat up in the tub for a good 20 minutes, so I knew she was faking a bit.

She's regressed: "I'm not a big girl, I'm a little baaaaby," she says, wanting to be carried everywhere. Once you've kept down pizza, the free ride's over, girlfriend.

So today I stayed home locked in my scraproom unti I finished the above layout. I got my Close To My Heart package on Friday and it was nice to be at home, surrounded by my stamps and inks, just playing. The layout design is from a CTMH "book," more like a pamphlet, called the ABC Scrapbooking Program. A little random stamping, some metallic cardstock, simple but elegant, despite the silly theme of the photos. Tess is dancing with her aunt in the upper left photo, munching on a big ole turkey leg in the one on the right. Hey, it's just good to see her eating again.

Tommorow -- the pink fluffy clouds making up her Velvet Touch sweater. Mmmmm...

3 Comments:

  • At 11:57 AM, Blogger Denise said…

    Heh, that was me posting anonymously at hiddenfish about coloring my wrist red. It was funny, but why encourage this guy?

    Onward, knitters.

     
  • At 11:50 AM, Blogger freddyknits said…

    Oh Denise - I feel for you. We are sick, too. Ugh.

     
  • At 1:24 PM, Blogger sUsAn said…

    Oh, my! Hope your little girl is feeling much better by now (3/22)!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home