CreativeExile

"Whatever shall we do in that remote spot? Well, we'll write our memoirs. Work is the scythe of time." --Napoleon Bonaparte, on his way into exile.

Thursday, March 17, 2005

Just a little color, please

Tess has been mighty ill since 4:30p yesterday. Here's a tip for parents: if there is even a HINT of stomach flu going around, DO NOT give your child Superman ice cream. Not only is that blue dye permanent, it is completely freaky coming out of your child's mouth.


Oscar hat and scarf! Posted by Hello

Having a three-way mirror in our bathroom is rather handy for photographing hat & scarf projects. I'm trying to tilt my head to show off the decrease in the hat while centering and focusing my camera lens, thus the goofy pose. I'm not that in love with my reflection.

I have two skeins left of the yarn I used - Plymouth's Stone Cotton (52% cotton, 48% acrylic). It's a lovely shade of green with flecks of turquoise. Each skein is 106 yards, enough for a scarf or a hat, plus I have about a third of a skein left over from making my hat, so I have about 250 yards total. Let me know if you'd like to trade, a la Jenn. Sadly (or perhaps not), I don't have enough stash to make a trade with her right now.

Or perhaps I should just gift it to Rabbitch? I hear she's always looking for some green cotton. Anyone have her address?! Haha.

I'd love some more of this Peter Pan's "Wendy/Velvet Touch" I started working with yesterday. The color (fuschia fizz, bright pink w/orange) is just what I need to welcome in spring. It is coming, isn't it? Like, Monday - right?! I just can't bring myself to work on my "musk" (read: boring dusky fleshtone) or black sweaters right now.

I've called my mom to pick up more of it while she's still down in Florida. I left one skein at the shop, hopefully it's still there. I'm starting a sweater for Tess but can't get the gauge right. I've gone from a size 7 to a size 5 needle (tried out a 6 in there, too), and the gauge is staying at 4-4.5 stitches to the inch. I need 4.75 and I'm being picky. What's really weird is that I got 4.5/inch on the 7s and 6s, but it went to 4/inch on a size 5 needle...WTH?! I can't believe I have to make this sweater in size 4 needles; that just seems wrong.

I'd like extra, too, just because Kate finally got to me. This yarn is perfect for her bunnies, soooo soft! Temptress!



Little gardener Posted by Hello

Hope springs eternal. I've planted hollyhock, poppy, and morning glory seeds. I like that there's still snow on the ground outside my kitchen windowbox. And the little nun planter came from my friend, Kris. When she moved to Portland, OR, she gave away all of her cool stuff (her grandmother's 1920s beaded headpiece! Sob!!) but she managed to salvage the planter and her 007 spy camera for me. Seriously, the camera is from the 1960s and fits in the palm of your hand. Very cool.

2 Comments:

  • At 3:13 PM, Blogger freddyknits said…

    I'd give you Bunniegirl's address, but I really really really don't want to be on her bad side. Any more than I am now, anyway.

     
  • At 3:39 AM, Blogger Rabbitch said…

    Heh. My reputation and love for green cotton is spreading far and wide, it would seem.

    Don't know what I have good in the way of trade, but if you're still looking for a home for it, drop me a line and I'll go rummaging. I've got to have something beside ACKrylic and cotton around here!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home