CreativeExile

"Whatever shall we do in that remote spot? Well, we'll write our memoirs. Work is the scythe of time." --Napoleon Bonaparte, on his way into exile.

Thursday, March 10, 2005

Blah blah blah


How did I get both of these things on the same day last week? Posted by Hello

Yup - my first Woodland Woolworks catalog (the Spinning version) and our b-day gift for Tess (a Disney World castle playset, with a miniature Sleeping Beauty and the infamous spinning wheel) came on the same day. Spooky.

I can't believe I haven't been around here for nearly 2 weeks. Sorry about that. I am so far behind on reading blogs. Vacation was a great re-charge for me, creatively, but alas, it's still winter out, and that has me indoors, brooding. And staying away from the computer, generally. It's such a colossal waste of time when I get on; I seem to get nothing done.

I went to a Stitch-n-Bitch this past Monday; it doesn't look like we'll get things rolling there anytime soon. The woman who started the Ann Arbor SnB group is peeved that people are trying to move away from Wednesdays at Starbucks, as she orginally planned. I don't know if it's fear of change or just bad weather keeping people away from the Chocolate Cafe on Mondays, but I was the only one there for a half hour, then one other gal showed up - without any knitting! - and didn't stay for long. The cafe owner is really trying to help us get going; seems there was interest while I was away on vacation, but it petered out.

And that's what I'm feeling right now - petered out. I've eased back into a regular workout routine, M-W-F at the gym, which has really saved me from getting ultra-depressed, but my energy levels in the evenings are still pretty low. Now if I could just get to bed before 11 p.m. - don't know what's up with that! I stay up late but get little done, just recharging from a day with a toddler.

Open houses for preschools are starting up. I'm hoping to get into the local co-op, but I hear space can be tight (it's the cheapest, at $12 a day, and parents - uh, make that MOMS - have to get involved on a regular basis) so I want some back-up plans. We have an open house on Saturday at 4p and another one on Sunday from 1-3p. Hard to believe my baby is going off to school this fall. Just preschool, but still. Now, if I could just get her potty trained!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home