CreativeExile

"Whatever shall we do in that remote spot? Well, we'll write our memoirs. Work is the scythe of time." --Napoleon Bonaparte, on his way into exile.

Thursday, September 01, 2005

NOLA

Can't stop blogging today. E should have never given up the 'puter tonight. Karen shouldn't have posted her thoughts on the disaster (just kidding, Karen!). Newspaper headlines are frightening right now. Found this while looking around the web instead:

Satellite map of New Orleans after flooding.

My beloved French Quarter is at the top of the bend in the Mississippi, lower right of photo. I love my history, but my heart is in the present and all its attendant horrors.

"We are losing this city."

Live VideoCam from Bourbon Street? The site is still titled Mardi Gras 2003, but someone at Vieux Carre Life claims it is live. Fascinating, frightening reading on that last forum.

Finally, a local NO band has already written a tribute song. I'm not saying it's good, I'm just saying...

I have family coming in tomorrow (from Philly, not NO), and they will be sleeping where the computer is, so perhaps I'm just writing ahead of myself. See you on the other side of the weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home