CreativeExile

"Whatever shall we do in that remote spot? Well, we'll write our memoirs. Work is the scythe of time." --Napoleon Bonaparte, on his way into exile.

Thursday, May 11, 2006

May Self-Portrait Challenge


May Self-Portrait Challenge
Originally uploaded by CreativeExile.

I've been struggling with this, my first self-portrait challenge at the new site...who am I exactly?

One of my favorite quotes is, "The most interesting people I know still don't know what they want to be when they grow up." I have been figuring out that very thing since I left my job two years ago. I never thought I defined myself by my work, but my last job (children's publishing) was my favorite (until the end, when my co-workers and superiors showed their true, ugly colors...also, I hung on to the job way too long, long after it ceased being "fun." It's true, you really should love what you do).

Thus, a fuzzy shot of me seemed to sum up my self "focus" at this time. Also, my daughter seems to be holding me in the palm of her hand -- also very apt.

This reflection was taken in a metallic sugar caddy at the restaurant where we had dinner tonight...its round head opened up and Tess spent a good 20 minutes "talking" to it...it reminded me of the depressed robot in Hitchikers Guide to the Galaxy...too funny.

Oh...my current camera obsession(s) (and suggested "push present..." hey, we bought ourselves a computer when Tess was born; electronics are more up my alley than jewelry)! I'm leaning toward the Canon based on its size and scrapper's comments & opinions (since that's what I'll be using it for, too), but my inner photographer's dream has always been Nikon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home